Ian Robertson, Resuscitation Officer and Advanced Life Support Instructor, Glasgow
Liz Webster, Immediate Life Support Instructor, Glasgow Dental Hospital
Wednesday 1st March 2023 - Glenmoriston Town House Hotel, Inverness
Morning Session: 9:30am - 12:30pm / Afternoon Session:1:30pm - 4:30pm
4 Hours CPD (including 1 hour pre course reading) for each session
Fees: GDPs £20, Team members £10
A 3 hour practical session on a core CPD topic for all the dental team. Ian and Liz have presented this course for HDP members for the past 8 years and it is always well received and popular. Lunch is not provided but there will be tea/coffee provided during registration periods and in the morning and afternoon breaks.
The following topics will be covered in each session:
- Assessment theory and skills
- Medical emergency scenarios
- Delivering emergency care in a dental setting
- Discuss how COVID-19 has impacted how we look at medical emergencies and cardiac arrest
Learning Outcomes - at the end of the session delegates will:
- Have knowledge of assessment theory and skills relating to dental medical emergencies
- Have had practical experience in dealing with medical emergency scenarios
- Know how to deliver emergency care in a dental setting
Ian has worked in anaesthetics for 15 years before taking up the post of Resuscitation Officer in Glasgow in 2005. He has been an Advanced Life Support Instructor since 2001 and is responsible for all undergraduate dental medical emergency training at Glasgow University.
Liz delivers Medical Emergency and Basic Life Support education to all of the dental team. She has been an Immediate Life Support Instructor since 2008 and is currently writing and developing a course for conscious sedation in dentistry. She was involved with a poster presentation at the 2018 European Resuscitation Congress in Bologna which was also published in Resuscitation Journal.
For bookings please email firstname.lastname@example.org