An update on oral cancer with Dr Sharon WhiteThursday 2nd May 2019
HDP provided us with comprehensive dental care at an affordable monthly payment. I was so happy... read more
Thursday 2nd May 2019
Kingsmills Hotel, Inverness
This evening session will cover the following:
- A review of the risk factors for oral cancer and of oral potentially malignant disorders
- Highlight the need for early detection of lesions suspicious for oral cancer and the variable presentation of such lesions
- Oral cancer screening
- Up to date Scottish referral guidance for lesions suspicious for oral cancer
- The significance of recent changes in oral cancer staging
- To review oral potentially malignant disorders and the risk factors for oral cancer
- To reinforce the importance of early detection of lesions suspicious for oral cancer and oral cancer diagnosis
- To provide an update on the Scottish Oral Cancer Referral Guidance and recent change in oral cancer staging
- To reinforce knowledge of the risk factors for oral cancer and of oral potentially malignant disorders
- To review the clinical presentation of oral cancer
- To have knowledge of updated Scottish Oral Cancer Referral Guidance
GDC Learning Outcome C—Knowledge. 1 hour CPD Ensuring that you maintain and develop your knowledge and related skills within your field of practice.
About the speaker
Dr Sharon J White BMSc Hons, BDS Hons, MFDS RCPSGlasg, PhD, FRCPath, FDS RCPSGlasg
Sharon qualified in dentistry at Dundee Dental School in 1996 and completed General Professional Training prior to working as an associate in general practice. Following SHO and clinical research posts, she was awarded a MRC Clinical Research Training Fellowship and obtained
a PhD in Human Genetics. After specialist training in Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology in Ninewells Hospital & Medical School, Sharon was appointed Clinical Senior Lecturer/Honorary Consultant in Oral Pathology, University of Dundee.
This session is aimed primarily at GDPs. The course is free to HDP member dentists although non HDP members may also attend on payment of a delegate fee of £20.00. Please make cheques payable to Highland Dental Plan Limited.
To book your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 01463 712585 or return booking slip below to Highland Dental Plan Ltd, River House, Young Street, Inverness IV3 5BL